Please consider these points when visiting a patient
The purpose of visiting a patient is;
• To boost the morale of patients and their relatives, support the treatment.
• To provide some of their needs from outside.
• To communicate with their doctor, get information.
The patients who are inconvenient for visiting are;
• Intensive care patients
• Patients who just got out of a surgery
• Patients who are told inconvenient to visit by their doctors
Who should not come to visit a patient;
• Children below the age of 10
• People who have active respiratory disease and who might have a contagious disease
• Risky people who might get an infection from the hospital
What should we care for while visiting a patient;
• Patients should be visited in visiting hours. The time of visit should not be over 5-7 minutes.
• Patients should not have more than 2 visitors near their beds, patient beds should not be used for a seat.
• Treatment materials of patients (Serum set, oxygen manometer, monitor etc.) should not be touched.
• Visitors should not talk loudly near patients.
• Patients should not be given foods apart from the ones that their doctor permits, in special occasions doctors should be told.
• Patient’s privacy should be respected.
• Gifts to patients may involve books, gazette, cologne.
• Any kind of words and behavior that may reduce the morale of patients should be avoided during visit.
• Visiting should not be requested unnecessarily and persistently out of the visiting hours.
• Patient rooms should be left when visiting hours are over without a warning.
Why Patients cannot be visited out of the Visiting Hours after 22:00?
• When personnel conditions are considered, there is a safety and control problems at night.
• In order to let the patients rest more, not to disturb other patients and to respect patient rights.
Optimed Private Hospital Visiting Hours are between 09:00 and 22:00.